This Policy describes:
- The information that we gather from you,
- How we use and share this information,
- The rights and choices you have regarding this information,
- The steps we take to protect this information,
- The information gathered by third-party services,
- How we transfer your information,
- How we may change this Policy, and
- How you may contact us.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of the DJI Products and Services. Some information we collect from you are referred to as “personal information” or “personal data” in this Policy. Personal information or personal data is data that can identify you, or data that we can relate to you, such as your name, email address, credit card number, and shipping address.
- Account information. When you create a DJI account, you may provide us with personal information that includes your user ID, email address or phone number, password or other information for account verification. You might choose to provide us with additional information — like gender, birthday, professional information and other similar information.
- Contact information. When you place an order with DJI, or contact us for customer service, you may provide us with your contact information including your name, alias, email address, shipping address, billing address and phone number(s). Certain jurisdictions require provision of contact information when activating unmanned aerial system (UAS) products, opening online accounts, or under other similar circumstances as required by law, and we may ask for such information that is required for compliance purposes.
- Payment information. When you place an order with DJI or engage in financial transactions by using DJI Products and Services, you may provide us with your payment information such as your bank account, credit card number, or debit card number.
- Photos and Videos. DJI does not automatically collect your photo or video without your consent and affirmative actions. When you choose to upload your photos, videos or other content using DJI Products and Services, including text content relating thereto, we may collect and store such content, including EXIF data relating to the photo or video. If such content contains information about others, you should obtain any required or appropriate consent from such persons and inform them about this Policy prior to uploading such content to DJI.
- Communications. When you contact us, we may collect information about your communications with us, including your contact information, and the time, topic, and content of your communications.
- Location information. When you activate DJI hardware products, use the map function of our apps, synchronize your flight record, or obtain UAS safety/regulatory notifications, you may provide us with geolocation information. In order to provide your location, you may be required to enable certain features of your mobile phone (such as GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth), which enable DJI to identify your location through a variety of means, including GPS location, IP address, cell tower location, geofencing technology, or detection by physical on-location Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors. If your location is collected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors of your mobile device or other non-DJI Products, please be aware that such sensors, and the associated data services, may be provided by a third party, which may access such information for the purpose of providing such data services to DJI.
- When you unlock the geofencing features embedded in DJI Products and Services, you may provide us with geolocation information relating to your unlocked areas (“Authorization Zones”).
- Device-Related and Flight-Related Information. When you activate DJI products, request for after-sales service, unlock the geofencing features or upgrade the firmware, you may provide us with information about your DJI device, including model and serial number. Our after-sales team may ask for your flight data to provide the service you requested.
- Technical Information. When you visit our webpage or use our mobile applications, you may provide us with technical information about the device running the browser or the application. Such information includes your IP address or device address, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, hardware version, and operating system. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- When you apply for a position at DJI, you may provide us with your educational information, such as your academic degree and graduated school, and employment-related information, such as your former employers and working achievements. We may also collect such information from third party recruiters or websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect through DJI Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the DJI Products and Services and operating our business. The use of information that we collect includes the following:
- To operate and provide features of the DJI Products and Services, to verify and manage DJI user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time by DJI. We will process your personal data in accordance with this Policy and any of your preferences, which are expressed via DJI Products and Services, including SkyPixel and the DJI Go Apps.
- To maintain and enhance DJI Products and Services, to personalize the content you receive and provide you with tailored content that will be of interest to you.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences, to improve the DJI Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, including for customer service. We may send direct marketing such as communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. If you are an individual or consumer we will only send you direct marketing with your consent or as permitted by applicable law. You may send unsubscribe requests or withdraw your consent at any time.
- To detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm our users, us, or the public.
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
- We will aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our sites and apps, to produce metrics and statistical information. We use aggregate data to help us understand how the site is being used and to improve its usability. We also use it to enhance the quality and availability of products and services we offer.
- To comply with applicable laws, such as laws related to the use of unmanned aerial system (UAS) products or opening online accounts.
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose your information that we collect through DJI Products and Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries globally when permitted by law, and necessary to provide you with DJI Products and Services.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to make publicly available by uploading it to a publicly accessible site or venue using DJI Products and Services (including sharing information on SkyPixel or on DJI’s online community forum, the “DJI Forum”), or that you otherwise elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, traffic monitoring or analysis, electronic messaging, and other services for us. We require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Collected Information
You may update, correct, or delete certain DJI account information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page, available through certain DJI Products and Services, including the DJI.com and SkyPixel websites and various mobile applications. If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may also have the right to request access to additional information, including the right to request access to and receive certain information we maintain about you; to update or correct inaccuracies in the information we maintain about you; to receive a copy of the information which you provided for its transmission to another company; to object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation; and to have the information blocked, deleted, or erased, as appropriate. When we process personal data on the basis of your consent, you can also withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will apply your preferences going forward, and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten,” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of DJI Products and Services.
DJI Products and Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services, or any information otherwise collected by such third-party sites or services is collected directly by the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through DJI Products and Services.
Except for certain products that are marked as “14+” or “for customers over the age of 14,” DJI Products and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
International Transfers of Personal Data
Your information collected by DJI may be transferred to and accessed by DJI entities and business partners globally. If you choose to use DJI Products and Services from the European Economic Area (EEA), then DJI GmbH in Germany is the data controller, and we may transfer your personal data outside of EEA for storage and processing. You should be aware that the local laws in non-EEA countries may provide less protection than the laws applicable in the EEA. We nonetheless provide the same level of protection as specified in this Policy, regardless of the location of processing. For international transfer of data collected in the EEA, we require data recipients to enter into the model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, or to be certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. You may obtain a copy of the European Commission’s model contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Your Information
We retain your information to provide service to you, or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We aim to retain your information only for the period necessary to fulfil our obligations under this Policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will carefully assess the need to collect data, the type of data collected, relevant legal framework, and the statute of limitations when determining the retention period.